This one is simple.. Also, VERY CHEAP AND HEALTHY!!!
Works out to costing about $3 a recipe and yields 2-3 servings
You will need a food processor like a magic bullet. Also a wok, Skillet, Frying pan.
Caution: She is a little SPICY
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen stir fry vegetables of your choice. (You all have had stir fry before. So you should know what you like and do not like for veggies) If this is difficult then message me. I can give you some good pointers on what is good in stir fry. :/
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 TBSP of Vegetarian Hoisin sauce
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TSP Sriracha chilli sauce (if you want to take down the spice, try not to cut too much of this out as it adds tons of flavour. Just omit the peppercorns)
- 1 TBSP Black bean sauce (a few different kinds with different flavours. Just choose one, it does not matter)
- 1/4 cup of Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 inch cubed piece of ginger
- 1 TSP of peppercorns or ground (omit if its too spicy). DO NOT OMIT THE SRIRACHA!!!
Throw everything except the veggies into the magic bullet or food processor of your choice. Process it until it is a nice soft brown color and all the ginger and garlic disappear into the mixture. Usually about one minute of processing should do it.
Turn your wok, frying pan or skillet on high. Toss the veggies in and pour the sauce over the veggies and fry away! Do not over cook the veggies as this takes out a lot of the nutrients in them. Usually toss em around for 5 minutes. It really depends on your stove top, wok etc. for the cooking time. Just watch it closely as veggies cook fast.
A good side for this is Rice (brown rice preferably people). Or if you are looking for some protein then quinoa works well as a rice substitute. You can also toss in rice noodles for the last 2 minutes of cooking if ya fancy a little rice noodle in your life.
I just wanted to share how easy it is to make your own stir fry sauce. This way you will know exactly what is in it. That is the problem people, a lot of these pre made sauces you purchase at your grocery store are filled with high fructose and shit like that. This way you will know everything in your sauce is pretty much healthy. Or at least you are aware of what is in it.
BE AWARE, EAT HEALTHY, GO VEGAN… PMA
One Love Vegan Recipes..